LC Nomination: Majin

Hello everyone,

I would like to throw my hat in the ring for Linear Council. For those that do not know me, I am an active member of the LINA community. Over the past couple of months, I have focused on working “in the trenches” of twitter/discord/telegram/forums to not only educated others on the protocol, but to bring a positive attitude to our community. I have one of the highest post counts on the Lina discord and our DAO forums. Enough about me though, let’s talk about our future.

Though Linear launched over one year ago, we are still a relatively young organization. A young organization that is now entering a young ecosystem (Moonbeam/river). This means that we have a lot of work ahead of us, but it also means that there is a ton of new room for growth. Now that we have launched on Moonriver, we not only have an exchange that will be cost effective (gas fees) and stable, but we also have a new potential user base to attract. I’m an active member on both the Solarbeam and Moonbeam discords and will use this standing to help spread the word and educate people about our product.

If voted onto the Linear Council, I will work under the guidance of Captain Trips to not only maintain our current status as, imo, the best delta one protocol in crypto, but to also focus on our future growth. Now that the DAO has launched, we have a unique opportunity to take our future into our own hands and create one of the most unique and popular applications in the defi space. This isn’t a project where the only thing we can do is complain or beg for new features to be added. We actually have the power to illicit change and development! If you elect me to the LC, I will focus on doing just that. I will help develop new PiPs to vote on that go past just simple listings. I will help to bring about larger developments, for example a bounty system for dev/community work. I will listen to suggestions from the community and assist in converting those raw ideas into concise and well written proposals to vote on.

To close, I’m not a LINA or CHAOS whale. I am not trying to get rich quickly and dump my bags on newbs. I don’t care what our marketcap will be next month, I care about where we will be in the coming years. I have invested a lot of time and effort into this community and wants to continue doing so. I care deeply for the LINA family and recognize the insanely high potential that this protocol possesses. I want to do my part in seeing that potential manifest into reality.

Thank you,
Majin

3 Likes

Hey Majin, we really appreciate your help, support and activity on Linear.
Unfortunately, we had a deadline for candidacies to respect. (Period closed on Nov 3rd, 2021, see here)

For now, we are not accepting candidacies anymore as the Council is already up and running, the next shift on the LC should be around July so we will reopen this section maybe a month before.

Thanks for your understanding.

2 Likes

Hey Sam,

I saw the latest tweet from the Linear.Finance account regarding LC nomination and assumed it was that time again… all good.

1 Like

Is this open by mistake ?
I hope this guy is back :slight_smile:
But I don’t think he is …

2 Likes

They’re open so community members that have already submitted their nominations for previous epochs, in case they want to run again, can let the community know about it.

2 Likes